Can an international student take a course or program at Extension?

Yes, as long as the course/program requirements are met. 

However, admission into our program does not guarantee study permits or visa approvals: International students should visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada for information on the process of applying for study permits or visa prior to applying for program admission. Normally a proof of admission into our program is needed as part of the visa and study permit application process.

  • Talk to your embassy to see if you qualify for a visa or a study permit.
  • Contact the University of Alberta International Centre to discuss work, study, and immigration requirements:

If you are interested in developing your English language skills, consider our English Language Program's part-time courses:



Have more questions? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk