Can I take a course even if I’m not interested in enrolling in a program?

All extension courses can be taken ‘general studies,’ as 'audit' or ‘for credit towards a qualifying program’:

Option 1: Take a course as a ‘general studies’ student

  • You will participate in assignments and earn a grade that reflects your efforts and skill level
  • These courses can later be applied to completion of the program
  • Grades earned are used to calculate a Continued Education GPA and will have no bearing on the University of Alberta GPA

Option 2: Audit a course

Option 3: Take courses for credit towards a qualifying certificate or citation program

  • Enrol in one of over 30 programs and complete courses to fulfill the core and elective requirements.
Have more questions? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk